Grade 1 Homework Policy:
The first day of Each week first graders will bring home a homework packet that consists of 1 math sheet and fifteen minutes of reading for each day. On the cover will be a short weekly newsletter, room for parent comments and spaces for parents to sign off on the 15 minutes of reading. The homework is to be returned the last day of the week.
Units of Inquiry: 2015-2016
1. Who We Are: Sept 14 - Oct 13: Events over time transform families
An inquiry into:
2. How We Organize Ourselves: Oct 19 - Nov 24: Communites strive to meet the needs of their members.
3. Where We Are in Place and Time: Nov 30 - Jan 14: Immigration and discoveries change how people eat
4. How the World Works: Jan 20 - March 4: Earth materials help us meet our basic needs
5: Sharing the Planet: March 7 - April 22: Every organism depends on its biome
6. How We Express Ourselves: April 25 - May 27: People develop imagination and creativity through visual art
315 West 26 Street Minneapolis, MN 55404
Phone: 612.668.4170 | Fax: 612.668.4180